Today was both my mom's and aunt's birthday, they are twins, and because I am in NZ, we get to live the day before the rest of the world and I thought I would forget my mom's birthday, but I did not! However phoning at 7 in the evening kind of feels like the day has already been, but in South Africa, her birthday was just beginning. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom :)
We (my aunt and I) headed into town this morning and I soon discovered you can not get an asthma pump over the counter - quite stressful when you NEED a pump. We went to my other aunt, Heather, for lunch and had a lovely time with the family there. My cousin's little girl, Ashley is so adorable and absolutely loves my digital camera and has great fun naming all the people in the photos, however she cannot quite comprehend that I can take a photo one second and the next we can be looking at it!
Today I am thankful for...
1 - My Mom, who even though she lives far away, I know she thinks about me everyday
2 - That the world really is not that big - technology
3 - the sheer excitement of veggie gardens and watching things grow day by day (the novelty has not worn off!)
4 - The freedom I have to go walking at 9pm at night
5 - Food I have eaten, especially the first of our own home grown potatoes
Seems like such a lame list, but I guess in a way, it is kind of like the highlights of my day as well. I really do not know if anybody reads this, but in some strange kind of way, there could be some person on the other side of the world I have never met who is finding this highly amusing and here I am sitting in New Zealand thinking and feeling like I am talking to myself!
And with that, I am off to bed.
Good night world :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment